Saturday 20 December 2008

Alves: "I only get tired when I play with my kids"

Barcelona player Dani Alves gave an interview to Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo.





Guardiola said that the team only travelled to Sevilla on the day of the match to put less pressure on Keita and yourself, who returned to their former club. That was a good decision?
The truth is that you don't have to try special things in those kind of games. It was just another games and you don't need to get obsessed.

You would still have been welcome if you would have left Sevilla for Real Madrid, like Sergio Ramos and Julio Baptista?
I don't know why it is but in Sevilla they hate Madrid more. If I would have to leave, I knew that Sevilla would let me go to Barcelona.

How close were you to leaving Sevilla in the summer of 2007?
I wanted to go to Chelsea but when Antonio Puerta died, I didn't say anything more about a transfer out of respect for him. I closed the chapter because it was what God wanted. They said I went on a strike, but that's not true. I had some muscle problems and everybody knew about it. I still have a text message that proves it. In the world of football, there are a lot of lies but in the end the truth will always come out.

How do you think Keita is adapting?
He needs some more time than I, because he's playing in a different position than he was before but I'm sure he will get through it because he's incredibly talented.

Your connecton with Leo Messi on the right wing has made things easier for you?
Sometimes Leo gives us the time we need. He keeps the ball when it's needed and he gives us the chance to breathe during the games.

How did you deal with Ronaldinho the years before?
When I played with Sevilla against Barça or Real Madrid, I didn't worry too much about defending, only about attacking. If they wanted to catch me, they had to run a lot. I always say that the attack is the best defense.

You ever get tired during or after a game?
Never. I only get tired when I'm at home, playing with my children. When they sit on my back and those kind of things.

What has Guardiola brought to the team so that Barça leads the Liga in such a clear way?
It's a very intelligent person. The coach is still one of us. He thinks like a plyaer. He's half player, half coach.

Which player of the squad has the biggest winning spirit?
There are a lot but Carles Puyol is always very motivated. He fights for all of us. It's important to be able to count on players like that who get you in the game.



This was the second and last part of this interview. You can read the first part here:
Alves: "I want to bring Barça back to the top"

Read more interviews with Barcelona players:
Marquez: "You won't find a substitute for Eto'o"
Xavi: "I owe everything to my teammates"
Iniesta: "Victor Valdes is great at one on one's"

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search