Wednesday 17 December 2008

Hleb: "The atmosphere at the stadium was great"

Barcelona player Alexander Hleb gave an interview to Russian sports paper Sport-Express.





You weren't disappointed because you didn't start the game against Real Madrid?
I understood that I wouldn’t play in the starting eleven, when I was part of the starting line-up in the Champions League clash against Shakhtar. Nobody said anything that time, but I understood everything without words. Nevertheless, I came up to the pitch at the end of the match, and I was happy I helped my team fire in the second goal.

What did you think about te way Real Madrid approached the game?
This game was not the most difficult and at the same time it was not the easiest one. Real played on counterattacks and made several very dangerous attacks. We need to thank our goalkeeper Valdes, who made big contribution to our victory.

What about Barcelona's performance?
Our team demonstrated wonderful football. We controlled the game and created many scoring opportunities, so Real goalkeeper Iker Casillas had to work hard too. However, the most important thing is that we won and extended our lead over Madrid.

There were some stories about the cold reaction of the fans earlier this season. How was that on Saturday?
The atmosphere at the stadium was great! People were singing and supporting us as hard as they could. In general when there more than ten thousand people at the stands, it always impresses your mind.

What are the main qualities of Barcelona this season?
Barcelona is strong because of its team play and the players’ mutual understanding on the pitch. And of course I can’t but mention that there are so many star players in the club, who always can turn the match around when it’s necessary.

You think the team will be able to continue the way they're playing now?
We have enough good players at all positions. The team is at peak form, and I want to hope that our winning run will be extended.



Read more itnerviews:
Piqué: "Ferguson's English sounded like Chinese"
Keita: "One hour before we know who will play"
Xavi: "I want to stay at the club of my life"

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search