Friday 21 November 2008

Guardiola meeting convinced Gudjohnsen to stay

Asked about the rumours linking him with an exit last summer (read more here), Barcelona attacker and Iceland international Eidur Gudjohnsen (29) has repeated in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC 1 that he decided to stay after talking with new Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola:

"When I chose to stay at Barça last summer, it was because I felt that people here hadn't yet seen the real Gudjohnsen. After talking with Guardiola, I decided not to listen to any offers. He told me that I would get opportunities, I have been patient and it turned out well.

I've always made clear that I didn't come here to enjoy the sun. Right now I'm very happy. I've noticed that Guardiola believes in me and that the teammates respect me a lot. Besides that, I'm playing more in my favourite position now, coming from the second line."

Read more:
West Ham again interested in Gudjohnsen
Gudjohnsen: "Guardiola reminds me of Mourinho"
Guardiola convinced Gudjohnsen to stay

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search