Sunday 16 November 2008

Caceres not thinking about January exit

Asked if he would consider consider leaving Barcelona in January because of the lack of playing time, Barcelona defender and Uruguay international Martín Cáceres (21) has said at a press conference this week that he wants to stay:

"The season is long and it has just started. I joined this team and I plan to give my best so I can win the confidence of the coach. It's true that I'm not playing as much as I would want but the team is playing very good and the results are there. If this is the best for the team, I should accept my role and support the group.

I'm not disappointed, I'm calm about it because I know it's difficult to be part of the starting eleven. I always try to play the best I can and to enjoy the minutes I'm getting. When I get the chance, I should take it.

I have talked with Guardiola and he said I shouldn't worry. I had some problems to adapt, mainly because the way of playing. At Recreativo it was totally different. Here, the team plays more with the ball and higher up the pitch, but I'm trying to adapt to that. I was prepared for this change and I knew it would be difficult."

Read more:
Is Caceres the Sergio Ramos of Barcelona?
2007-2008: The transfer fees
Caceres: "I don't focus on the first months"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's gonna make it.
He will become our new Puyol.
:D

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to see how things work out with Caceres/Henrique/Marquez/Abidal/Milito next year.

To tell you the truth, if Henrique or Caceres want first team play, they should learn the leftback position. Like most of you, this is one of the positions that I think we lack depth and a future replacement.

Anonymous said...

what about pique???

Anonymous said...

Caceres is a great centerback after my opinion, better than pique, and i hink pep should use him rather then pique. I agree with the left back position, and frankly i'm a bit confused why Caceres hasen't been given a chance to play left back. I have seen some of the matches for his national team, and he has played left back there, and seemed solid, and good cooming up in attacking too. So give him a chance at least!!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search