Wednesday 1 October 2008

Medical: Green light for Jorquera

Last Monday, Barcelona goalkeeper Albert jorquera (29) received the green light from the Barcelona medicall staff. After nine months, the goalkeeper is ready to play again.


On 29 December of last year, Jorquera got injured at his right knee ligament during a friendly game with the Catalan national team. He returned to squad training last Friday (read more here).

In an interview with the club's official media, Jorquera said he was delighted to be finally back: "When you suffer a long-term injury like mine, it seems like the day of return will never come. I have gone through a hard time but you forget about that the day you return to work with the group.

Especially the first two months were very difficult. I had days with incredibly hard work but very little result. I spent a lot of hours in bed and at the hospital and I look back at those days as a intensely tough experience.

Now I'm again able to compete and fully rejoin the squad. There are three first team goalkeepers this season, which is something I only know from my first season when I was the third goalkeeper and at the same time playing with the B team. It's a new situation but I will behave like I have always done, with a competitive spirit and with the same motivation to work hard."

Read more:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Nine months, must be really hard to be apart from the group for such a long time. Although I'm sure he comes back motivated like hell!

Anonymous said...

motivation is not every thing.. he has not the ability to be our no 1.. :(

Anonymous said...

He's a very decent second goalkeeper, don't have any problems with him.

Anonymous said...

I wont mind someone like Valdes as No.2. We are BIG; we need a top class goal keeper. Chelsea have Cech, Man-U have Edwin, Madrid have Casilas!!

Anonymous said...

i love jorquera

Àlex said...

Man-U have VDS
Madrid have Casillas
Juve have Buffon
Sevilla have Palop
Celtic have Boruc
Chelsea have Cech
BARCELONA have VICTOR VALDES

VALDES my number 1 and Barca's number 1 and for at least 10 more years to come!! LIVE WITH IT

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that someone would even consider mentioning Edwin Van der Sar in the same breath as Petr Cech and Gianluigi Buffon. He's not even close.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search