Sunday 12 October 2008

Henry wants transfer rumours to stop

Asked about the rumours linking him with a winter exit (read more here), Barcelona forward and French international Thierry Henry (31) has said to journalists that they should stop focusing on him:

"Listen, one thing is clear, you should all stop to talk about Manchester City and all the other stuff. I have played three games and I've scored twice. Those are the facts. I've missed two games because I was ill. I don't want to talk about the choices of the coach or about what we tell each other. I'll let you talk.

You've talked a lot about the fact that I wasn't part of the squad against Santander. But I knew very well that I would play the next match against Sporting Lisbon. Messi and Eto'o have also been on the bench twice. Alves wasn't with the group either the last match.

This coach rotates but you only talk about it when it's my turn. You should talk about everybody! Also if Puyol doesn't play against Betis, if Alves isn't part of the squad, if Messi doesn't play against Santander, if Eto'o doesn't play against Espanyol... If you want to talk, talk about everything."

Read more:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is having a really bad relation with the media and this is a lot of pressure for a star like him not mentioning the pressure due to fans, family crises, etc..
still I'm sure with Pepe will help him to rediscover him self again and regain confidence which he badly needs, and believe me, once it happens nothing will stop him.

Anonymous said...

one note that i forgot to mention during my observations from Argentina vs Uruguay "in an older post"
after scoring Argentina's fist goal, Messi showed his inner shirt, on which there was written "Te Amo Papi" and for those who don't speak Spanish "like me" it means "I Love You Daddy"...may anyone correct it if I missed the interpretation.

today Brazil played, Alves was a substitute, although he warmed up for a while, he didn't come in, Inter's Maicon was playing the RB, they won 4-0 anyways.

Anonymous said...

if he wants to stay that bad he should understand that as a sub player he shouldnt earn 5mil euros a year and adapt for a 2-3 one.with the money he is getting and the performances he is making he should be sold.

Anonymous said...

He sounds frustrated. He should focus on his game instead of fighting with journalists!

Anonymous said...

Toure, look: this is the attitute at least you should have!!!!!!!!!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search