Friday 4 July 2008

Alves' first interview


New Barcelona defender Daniel Alves gave an exclusive interview to the club's official media. Some quotes:

How have you improved in your years at Sevilla ?
You get more mature and learn things. When you are young these things don’t even enter your head, you just want to play, it’s not important, but when you start looking back you realise just how much you have learned. Attacking is not enough, I think I have matured over time. Now I have found that balance in the way I play.

What convinced you about Barça?
The way they play. I have enjoyed the games I have seen. And their style of play also seduced me, and their aim to win titles, because I am also ambitious like that. The new club project and the faith they have shown in me helped me make my decision.

Do you feel more of a right back because you can influence the game from there?
I don’t think playing as right back is contradictory to playing football. I also like offensive football, it is the best thing about the game. I find the position comfortable, very normal. Also, when I started playing I always wanted to feel I was somebody that could bring something different and better to the game. And it is through thinking like that that I am where I am today, and I won’t change the way I think. Although I can adapt to any circumstances.

Perhaps when Barça plays a 4-3-3 system, you might have to play in right midfield. Well, I have the right characteristics, I’ll adapt to whatever is needed for the good of the team. I could open the pitch from that position.

Messi and you could make a great right hand side of the pitch.
Messi is an incredible player, very intelligent. If we understand each other well, I am sure the fans with be grateful for it.

What will you say to the fans?
What I can say is that I am a very hard working player. They say I change when I’m on the pitch. Off it, I’m laid back, but on it, I like to fight as hard as I have to. I am very excited about this new stage of my life and I am the first to want to win titles and to do that I want to try to contribute all I can.


Read the whole interview here

Read the complete Dani Alves transfer story from the first rumours to the official presentation

Read the first interviews of Seydou Keita, Gerard Piqué and Martín Cáceres

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey pep
first of all id like to congratulate you on your blog
i love the fact that whenever i go on it theres always something new
so congratulations on you for that
ive been thinking about it and id recomend recoba as a left winger
hed serve a good back up to iniesta if he were played there and he has experience and would be cheap
well thats my opinion anways
also for striker mario gomez
sure a dissapointing euro 08 but he class and hes the tall strong striker we've been looking for
NOT ADEBAYOR!
35 mill pounds for him!?
u gotta be kiddin me
as for midfield id be happy with hleb
good skills, good vision
not enough goals but we could improve that

pep said...

Thanks for the compliment, Davor!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pep! man you are doing a great job please keep it up, i must tell you this, this blog is very well know in Nigeria where i live, i want you to please update me on the transfer of the young sao paolo midfielder and the transfer of Hleb.

More grease to your elbow pep.

pep said...

Thanks for the grease, nice to hear that people in Africa are also appreciating the blog. Keep spreading the word in your community! I think Nigera is the African country where most visitors come from. Before Egypt and South Africa, so that's nicely spread over the continent.

There no shocking new information about Hernanes and Hleb, you'll hear it when there's something new. If you want to know the latest on a certain player or just want to have a look back on hiow the story is unfolding, you can always scroll down and click the label of the player at the left of the screen.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search