Friday 5 December 2008

Xavi will sign renewal next week

Asked about his renewal negotiations with the club, Barcelona attacking midfielder and Spanish international Xavi (28), whose current contract expires in the summer of 2010, has reconfirmed to journalists that a deal has been closed (read more here):

"It seems that I will renew, although nothing has been signed yet. The president has given me his word and I gave him mine. If everything goes like planned, we will sign the contract next week when Txiki Begiristain will be back in Barcelona.

I feel respected by the club, in every possible way. I'm very happy. I hope to retire at Barça but when I don't feel useful anymore for the team of my life, I will go. I will be the first to notice that and I will leave. If I sign until 2014, I will keep on working as always and I hope to win some more trophies.

I'm in a great moment. I feel very confident and after the Euro, I have an incredible believe and motivation to try new things. I feel very comfortable on the pitch and I'm surrounded by the ideal teammates who help me show my game."

Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo meanwhile claims that Barcelona president Joan Laporta misused the absence of Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain to close a deal by giving in to all Xavi's wishes regarding both the salary and the duration of the contract.


pep's opinion:
signature in the week before the madrid game. very well planned, indeed...


Read more:
Xavi confirms renewal until 2014
Xavi is top target for Manchester United
Agreement on Xavi renewal until 2014

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search