Saturday 6 December 2008

Barcelona interested in Essien

Asked about the exit rumours regarding Chelsea midfielder and Ghana international Michael Essien (26), Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has said at a press conference that Barcelona is one of the clubs interested in the player but that he wants to keep the player:

"Inter, AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid all want Essien but he is at Chelsea. If I stay for three years I don't want him out, I want him to stay with me.


This is because he is very good player who can play in five positions very well. He is young and dedicated. He is our player and I think he is happy here.

Michael Essien is good news for me everyday. At this moment he is injured but he is recovering quicker than we thought. He comes here at 10.30 in the morning and doesn't go until four in the afternoon. He tries to come back early. It is good for us. He is a fantastic example for other players. I don't want to put pressure on him but I think we will have good news sooner than we expected."

Read more:
Swap deal including Essien and Xavi
Mourinho's eleven
Busquets renewal could be closed this week

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any ID about buyout claus?

Anonymous said...

Essien is an excellent player, but what in the world do we need with another defensive midfielder!? i can't imagine us going after him, unless we're planning on selling Keita and perhaps loaning out Busquets, which doesn't look likely.

the only purchase we need to make in January is a certain baby-faced Russian lad. then we're totally set.

Anonymous said...

Essien is definitely one the the best DM in the world. I really like him and will be fantastic if we could get him. Just the price is my concern... (Probably easily over 30 mil, right?)

Anonymous said...

He would be a good addition to the Barcelona squad because he is a very versatile player but at the moment right now Barcelona doesn't need him;never know he could be one for the future an excellent player in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I heard a rumour that Chelsea is going to allow Drogba to leave. I think it is the time to sign him. I think he is the player we lack. He is strong and excellent in heading. He can be used as a center forward whenever the opponent packs inside the penalty box or whenever Eto'o s not available. I think he is willing to sit on the bench and accept the rotation system.

Currently, there is so little chance for him to play in Chelsea. So far, he has only played 3(6)games. I'm sure he would like to play for Barcelona. I think if barcelona wants to sign him, he will put pressure on Chelsea for the transfer. The transfer free won't be high.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search