Wednesday 3 December 2008

Henry not thinking about leaving Barcelona

Asked about the continuous rumours this year linking him with an exit (read more here), Barcelona forward and French international Thierry Henry (31) has said at a press conference that he never thought about leaving:

"I did never consider the option of leaving Barça because I knew that the team was capable of doing what it is doing now. I'm totally happy in Barcelona also because the team is performing well. Physically I'm also a lot better than last season. At this moment, my main worry is that the team keeps on playing well and keeps on winning the matches.

I understand that people would want to see me score like I did with Arsenal, but it's not the same here. At Arsenal I didn't run as much as I'm running now. Sometimes you have to work for the team and not only for yourself. Last year, we didn't play as a team, but now we do.

When I played with Arsenal I started in the centre, waiting for the ball, and then moved to the wing. Here it's the other way around. On the wing, you waste more energy while defending, so I have less strength in the box. At Arsenal, even when I scored three goals, I also could have missed four chances that same day. So I got seven opportunities to score. Here I have one or two."

Read more:
Will Henry leave in January?
Henry could leave for Miami in 2010
Chelsea manager wants Henry in January

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering Valencias financial crisis, I hope we can bring David Silva this winter.
Then Henry can get a few minutes, every now and then and in 2010 we can export him to dixie land.

Ramen said...

I was expecting an arrogant answer from Henry....

Silva would be nice, but we have Hleb, Henry and possibly Pedro. We shouldn't deny our talent, unlike Madrid. :/

Custom Search
 
Custom Search