Thursday 6 November 2008

Xavi thinks renewal agreement will be reached

Asked about the ongoing renewal negotiations (read more here), Barcelona attacking midfielder and Spanish international Xavi (28) has said at a press conference that he believes his contract with Barcelona, that expires in 2010, will be renewed:

"I want to continue at Barcelona. This has always been my wish, even when things weren't going as well as they do now. The negotiations are developing really well. I'm sure we will find an agreement, because that's what both parties want. I've always said that I want to stay and that it's my dream to retire at Barcelona.

I've always felt comfortable and appreciated here.The club never told me that they wanted to sell me and I have always said that I would look for an exit if I didn't feel useful. But now things are going great and the club is making an effort that will give me the chance to end my career here. Although I cannot assure anything, I think we will reach an agreement."

Asked about the renewal negotiations of Xavi and Busquets, Barcelona president Joan Laporta said earlier this week to journalists that he also believes in a good outcome:

"The talks are mainly a matter that is een dealt with by Txiki, but I think the negotiations need some time before we concretely reconcile the interests of both parties. They will renew but everybody should be happy with the deal. Xavi and Busquets are both players of the present and future. It's very clear to them that Barcelona is their priority and that's why I am convinced that they will be with us for many more years."

Read more:
Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus monitor Xavi talks
Barcelona makes official statement on Xavi
Xavi wants to climb up in Barcelona salary rank

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search