Saturday 29 November 2008

Alves: "If I score, I won't celebrate"

Barcelona player Dani Alves talked at a press conference on Thursday.





How would you describe your feelings after a few months in Barcelona?
I'm very happy. Every day that goes by, I'm more convinced that I took the right decision, because I'm sharing the dressingroom with some of the best players in Europe and the world. It's an honour to live this moment and I hope that it lasts as long as possible.

What do you want to say about your stay at Sevilla?
I want to thank Sevilla for everything the club gave me. I'm sure they will always have a place in my heart.

You think everything you're living is a dream?
The truth is that I will get angry if someone wakes me up. Everything that I'm living is very special and full passion. If this is a dream, I want them to never wake me up. Having the privilege to partcipate and contribute is a very positive thing for me, especially because the more I play, the better I feel.

What's the secret of the success of the team?
Hard work is the base of everything we're living and have been reaching until now. I think that things come your way if you work properly and if everyone is involved. Modesty is the main key to success.

How do you think the Sevilla fans will welcome you?
It's difficult to explain what I expect. I've almost spent my whole professional career there and it's a strange thing that I will now have to play against those who have been my teammates. An undescribable feeling.

This can affect you in a way?
I need to do my job and separate that from my feelings.

Where's the danger in the Sevilla team?
Luis Fabiano and Kanouté are two players who can shoot at goal at every moment, but let me tell you one thing: like we are worried about the strength of Sevilla, I'm sure that they are also worried about the strength of Barcelona.

How about you're personal performances?
I'm in a good moment, I think. Since I arrived in Barcelona, I'm enjoying myself a lot.

You know that Iker Casillas has said that they will win 0-1 in the Camp Nou?
I guess the freedom of expression gives everyone the chance to talk, but after that they still need to perform on the pitch.

What if you score against Sevilla?
I won't celebrate, out of respect for my former club.

2 comments:

Harshawardhan said...

@cassilas

Yeah right!!!

Anonymous said...

Casillas, this is not last year's Barcelona.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search