Monday 8 September 2008

Di Maria plans to stay until the end of the season

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to several European top clubs, amongst which Barcelona (read more here), Benfica left winger and Argentinian international Angel Di María (20) has said to Spanish football weekly paper Don Balón that he plans to stay in Portugal for at least one more year:


"Of course, you read the papers and you see which clubs are interested in you but I try to keep my feet on the ground and my head cool. With the transfers of Aimar and Reyes this summer, I'm very motivated and I would like to stay one more season with Benfica."

Read more:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting young players like him and Benzema to the club should be priority for the next season. It would be very difficult because they'll (Benfica) try to get 30+M for him, and we all know how much Lyon asking for Benzema.
Selling Henry and Gudjohnsen will get some money in Barca pocket but it won't be enough.
Alternative options are Arshavin and Capel, and they can come to club for much more less price.

Anonymous said...

I think Luis Fabiano is a good back-up for eto'o. Luis Fabiano is a skillful player who is also good in heading. He is also adapting quite well in La Liga.

Anonymous said...

I think we don't need him, we should only block Gai who has more talent than this guy.

Anonymous said...

You're both right (I made first comment).
Luis Fabiano is excellent player, but:
1. he's already 29
2. too expensive (Sevilla would ask about 20+M)
3. he'll never accept bench role (back-up for Eto'o)
Frankly, I'm not keen admirer for Benzema, but at this moment, he's one of the best young strikers in Europe.
@groga: I don't know much about Gai, so I don't want to say something unnecessary.
I was disappointed about selling our young players like Iago, dos Santos, etc. Shame.

Anonymous said...

off topic

@anonymous: if you don't want to be marked as "anonymous", you can click next to the Name/URL label and fill in something in the Name box

Anonymous said...

@groga: thx, mate
From now on, I'll be known as HouseMD.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search