Sunday 22 June 2008

Hernanes will ask his club for an exit

Asked about the rumours linking him with a summer move to Barcelona (read more here), São Paulo attacking midfielder and Brazilian international Hernanes (23) has said in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC 1 that he will talk with his club about a transfer:

"I will ask my club to let me go because for me joining Barcelona would be a dream come true. I hope they will understand that and reduce the asking price."

Hernanes said that the offer by Barcelona made him change his plans: "Before the interest of Barcelona to sign me, I didn't plan to leave São Paulo. But since I received the offer of Barcelona, I changed my mind. This is a great opportunity that I cannot let slip away."

Asked to describe himself as a player, Hernanes : "You could compare my way of playing a bit with that of Deco. I also think I have a good long distance shot, I use to score regulary and I have quite a good dribble."

Catalan sports paper Sport claims that a deal with Hernanes has already been found but that a serious difference on the transfer price between the clubs remains (read more here). During the coming days the negotiations will go on. Barcelona head scout for South America Pepe Costa watched Hernanes today during a friendly game of the Brazilian olympic team in Río de Janeiro.

Read more:
Club-agent dispute could cancel Hernanes move
Youth: Douglas Costa de Souza (Gremio)
Barcelona admits following Hernanes for months

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search