Friday 20 June 2008

Difficult fee negotiations on Hernanes

Asked about the rumours linking São Paulo attacking midfielder and Brazilian international Hernanes (23) with a summer move to Barcelona (read more here), São Paulo sports director Marco Aurélio Cunha pointed, like his president had done before, at the buyout clause in an interview with Catalan radio station Catalunya Ràdio:

"The player is not for sale. If a club would like to sign him, they will have to pay the clause of 25 million euro°. At this moment we don't have had any direct contact with Barcelona. And I'm a personal friend of the player so I'm pretty sure that Barcelona has no deal with him either."

With Barcelona offering 11 million euro° and São Paulo asking 25 million euro° (read more here), Catalan sports paper Sport claims that a deal could be found for a fee around 15 million euro°. Barcelona would nevertheless not be willing to willing to pay an exaggerate price and will not enter a bid race for Hernanes.

Asked about the transfer rumours, Hernanes said in an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo that he's calm about the whole transfer story: "I saw all this in the papers but nobody has talked to me.They say that some Barcelona people were in the stadium on Wednesday but I didn't met anyone. I don't know anything yet. I'm already used to this, you know. Every year it's the same. They say I will leave, that I won't leave. Until nothing is official, I only think about São Paulo and I just go own with my life."

The paper claims that Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain has fixed a spending limit of 12 million euro°. São Paulo would own 70 per cent of the player's transfer rights. The other 30 per cent are owned by sports marketing agency Traffic and the player.

Read more:
Meeting on Hernanes this afternoon
Brazilian defender Alex Silva high on list
Youth: Erick Flores (Flamengo)

2 comments:

pep said...

25 million euro =

39 million us dollar
20 million british pound


11 million euro =

18 million us dollar
9 million british pound


15 million euro =

23 million us dollar
12 million british pound


12 million euro =

20 million us dollar
10 million british pound

Anonymous said...

Well I guess it's time to move onto someone else. I don't see how 12mil is gonna' cut it for this guy. I hate to say it but it looks like this is starting to turn into a wasted trip for Txivi. Instead of wrapping up 2-3 players he may return to Barcelona empty handed.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search