Wednesday 28 May 2008

French battle for Thuram coming up

French football weekly paper France Football claims that French Ligue 1 club Monaco is considering to offer Barcelona central defender and French international Lilian Thuram (36), whose contract with Barcelona expires in June and will not be renewed (read more here), a one-year deal. Olympique Marseille would also be following the player.

French sports paper L'Equipe claims that Paris Saint-Germain is also interested in Thuram but hopes the defender will accept a serious salary reduction in the last stage of his career. Thuram would be willing to listen to an offer from the club.

Asked about his future, Thuram said at a press conference on Monday that he indeed thinks about continuing next season: "I'm considering to keep on playing after the European championships. One of my possible destinations is a French club. But everything remains possible."

In an interview with Monaco radio station Radio Monte Carlo yesterday, Thuram seemed more clear on his future: "I hereby confirm that if a club still wants me, I will be a football player next season. A return to France is certainly not impossible. I was raised in the Paris region, so Paris Saint-Germain of course means something to me. I remember how I went to see their games at the Parc des Princes when I was a boy."

Read more:
Arsenal considering Thuram offer
Thuram to sell energy drinks
Thuram wants to keep on playing

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search