Thursday 29 May 2008

Hleb wants to win trophies

Arsenal midfielder and Belarusian international Alexander Hleb (27) reacted on Tuesday in an interview with German website Spox to the rumours linking him with a summer move (note: this interview was given before the yesterday rumours about a verbal deal with Barcelona).


Hleb didn't deny he could leave but he said he did not made a public statement that he wants to leave: "I also read that, but I didn't say that. I've also read that i want to leave because Arsenal doesn't win trophies, but that's nonsense. I actually don't want to talk anymore about the subject, cause Arsenal is too important to me. But if I'll go, then I'll play in another league. In England, for me there's only Arsenal."

The Arsenal player, who spoke about his admiration for manager Arsène Wenger, said he really wants to win trophies: "Trophies are the most important thing. You can play very well, you can be one of the best players ever, but after your career everyone asks you what you have won. And the clock is ticking but it is simply not happening. It is very difficult. This year I thought that I would win two titles, but in the end everything went wrong."

Hleb, who said that former Barcelona player Cesc Fàbregas is one of his three best friends at Arsenal, pointed out that in his opinion Barcelona player Lionel Messi is at this moment the best player in the world: "I like everything he does. He's such an elegant player. My heart starts to bounce when I see him play. I think I cannot say it in a better way."

Alexander Hleb didn't want to comment on the statements of his agent Nikolai 'Niki' Spilevski, who was quoted last weekend by British tabloid The Sun as saying: "I can officially confirm that a short time ago Alexander decided that he will leave Arsenal and join another club. Alexander wants a change of scene. That had a large part to play in his decision. I can't tell you anything about where he will be playing yet. Talks are under way, and I don't have the right to make them public. I think that the issue of his new club will be clarified in the next few days."

Madrid sports tabloid Marca meanwhile claims that Barcelona and Hleb agreed on a four-year deal (read more here). Arsenal would be asking between 15 and 18 million euro° for the player and is hoping for a bid race between Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid.

Read more:

1 comment:

pep said...

15-18 million euro =

24-28 million us dollar
12-14 million british pound

Custom Search
 
Custom Search