Saturday 31 May 2008

Edmilson's last interview


Former Barcelona midfielder José Edmílson gave an exclusive goodbye interview to the club's official media. Some quotes:

How does it feel now that your time at Barcelona is over?
"The truth is that I am a bit sad about leaving a great club, I am happy to have won two league titles and the Champions League. I have had four very good years here. The last two have not been good in terms of results, but I think that we can look back on many good things during my time here."



What will you remember most about the club?
"I will keep my friends, my team-mates, the people that I have known in Barcelona and at the club. The best part about being in the club is the people you work with every day."

What do you remember about the Champions League final?
"The main thing I remember is when Belletti scored, I was on the bench and I saw the two kit men hugging and they fell on the floor in the rain."


How have you and your family felt in the city?
"Very well. The truth is that my young daughter was born in Barcelona. We are very pleased to have experienced life her. The people took to us very well. We were here for four years and I even bought a house so that when I retire we can come and live in Barcelona. My wife and my daughters all really like it here."

What does Barça mean to you?
"When you see the motto 'mès que un club' it is difficult to describe what it means. It is a feeling of the city and of a nation. I have talked to many fans in the street and they have told me that if the team loses they do not eat or sleep well. At times, it is difficult for a player to understand this and when you come from a smaller club the feeling is very different and you have to adapt to the philosophy. Despite that, my experience with the national team has helped. In Brazil during the World Cup, the people live the football every day."


Read the whole interview
Read the full Edmílson transfer story

Read the first Keita interview
Read the first Piqué interview

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search