Wednesday 28 May 2008

Barcelona forgets about Crosas

Olympique Lyon midfielder and Barcelona loan out Marc Crosas (20) said in an interview with Catalan sports paper Sport that he does not have a clue of his future since Barcelona didn't yet inform him (read more here): "I have a contract for three more years but I don't know what they plan to do with me. I didn't hear anything from Barcelona, Txiki Begiristain didn't yet talked to me about my future. I know nothing. I don't even know if they still remember me."

Crosas says that Lyon wants to buy him (read more here) but that his first option nonetheless is still Barcelona: "My first option will always be Barcelona. When I'm working hard in Lyon, that's also to show that I'm capable of playing in Barcelona. But I realize that not everybody ends up in the Camp Nou. Until the 30th of June, I'm a Lyon player and normally I'll start the new season with Barça. I don't kow if it's an advantage that Guardiola will be the new coach, but he of course knows what kind of player I am. He and the sports director will decide what will happen with me."

pep's opinion:
it's very disappointing to see how a young player like crosas is treated, i suppose begiristain has a lot of work these days but nevertheless he should be able to make five minutes available to call the player, even if it's only to tell him no final decision has been taken yet and to give him a date when he'll probably know more. and even more so since he has been saying the same for weeks now. this is not the way you deal with people.

Read more:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right pep, its not fair for Crosas.

Anonymous said...

Awfull by Txiki Begiristain. He really needs to step along with the whole club.

He might be the most important person in the club this summer, regarding all the transfer activity,

Anonymous said...

It's a twist of irony that Barcelona's (home) fans can come across as rude and unsupportive of their club...While in the meantime some members of the Barcelona Board seemingly are capable of acting the same way too!...Kinda' makes you wonder where the fans are getting their "cues" from doesn't it?

Custom Search
 
Custom Search