Thursday 29 May 2008

Keita's first interview


New Barcelona midfielder Seydou Keita gave an exclusive interview to the club's official media. Some quotes:

What can Keita bring to Barça?
“Everything. I’m a defensive midfielder and I hope to be able to help win back possession, to add work rate and also in attack, as I’ve done this year with Sevilla”.

It’s said that you’re the complete midfielder. What do you think are your main characteristics?
“Well I’m certainly a defensive midfielder and in that position I like to defend and help out my team-mates. But I’m also lucky enough to score the occasional goal, I’m pretty comfortable on the ball as I’ve played a bit in an attacking midfield role. But the most important thing for me is the desire to win and fight for the team. When there’s desire, everything is possible”.

The Barça style is more attacking and with more possession. Do you think you’ll adapt easily to this?
“I think so because a team like Barça needs to have possession but it also needs to defend well and I think I can help the team a lot in this aspect. I’ve seen Barça play loads of matches. In addition, there’s Touré Yaya, who I know pretty well and who plays in midfield. I hope to give my all and help to defend well. As well as attacking you have to defend well and that’s why there has to be a balance. I hope to adapt rapidly to the system at FC Barcelona.”

Do you know any of your new team-mates?
“Yes. I know Abidal, Eto’o and Touré Yaya well. I also met Xavi briefly, when we both played in the under-20 World Cup. I also know Ronaldinho and some of the other players a bit”.

Read the whole interview here

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search