Wednesday 8 October 2008

Ronaldinho (1): "I want Barcelona to win everything"

In an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo, AC Milan player Ronaldinho talked about his new club and his time in Barcelona.





How are you these days?
Very good. Things are different than in Barcelona, it's a little colder, Milan has no beaches, but the people are very pleasant and this makes me not missing Barcelona too much. What I like the most is learning another language, I like Italian.

You're missing us?
I miss some of you... I'm not in Barcelona anymore but it's as if I am. People are sending me a lot of messages, they're treating me very well. I want Barcelona to win everything this season because I have my friends there. And also because Milan doesn't take part in the same competitions. I would be delighted if Barcelona could win the Liga and the Champions League this season because of all my friends and the people that like me.

What a goal you scored in the derby against Inter!
I know a lot of people were happy for that, also in Barcelona. One of the things I miss the most is playing in the Camp Nou, the fans have always treated me extremely well.

It's not a pity that you weren't able to say goodbye to the fans in the Camp Nou?
I don't like saying goodbye, I never did. It's something sad, I didn't even say goodbye to my team-mates. I keep on calling them and sending them messages. Essentially I don't feel the need to say goodbye to Barcelona because it will always be my home.

What do you think about Guardiola?
I don't kow him very well but the few times I have spoken with him, he seemed a great person. I admire him for everything he has achieved as a player. And he has always acted very sincere when he talked with me... It's perfect to see Barcelona winning, to see how my friends are happy, although the truth is we don't chat a lot about football when we're talking. You know I don't really like to watch entire football games, I just watch the summaries. I like to see the best moments, I don't hold on for ninety minutes. Just give me the goals!


This is the first part of this interview. The other parts will follow in the coming days.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Legend .. Some of us are still bitter and hateful and alot of people at Barca treated him worse than crap in his last days, but alot seem to forget even though he had his ups and downs with the club, it was him he was a mojor figure in winning us and himself each and every award and trophy there is ..
Yet he holds no grudges and still talks about Barca as his home .. I know alot of other players who would do nothing but complain about how they were treated. Great attitude Dinho, wish you all the best !!

Unknown said...

I missed him already.....

Ramzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramzi said...

Ramzi is making a big mess with posting, pep will make him pay a fine now!
FCBFan...are u hinting on a guy whose last name start with Guily?
But nothing personal, now he is complaining about how he was treated in Roma!
I liked him when he was with Barcelona, even though he never been my favorite, but after he left i disrespected him for the way he behaved, for no reason.
But I guess there were some other players, like petit who had the same attitude.
08 October, 2008

Anonymous said...

Much love and respect for R10. He did great things for the club, and helped to propel us to the double one year, and consecutive Liga titles. I still have a DVD of the Ronaldinho 3-Evil Empire 0 match. And he said all the right things in the interview.

But it's also worth noting that if he'd had that attitude when he was here, he'd still be here. It wasn't as if the team forced him out.

I'm glad he's happy in Milan. His play has been erratic, but that was one hell of a header he nailed against Inter in the derby. His fame is almost sealed just from that goal, among the Rossoneri.

Anonymous said...

He only watches highlights. Somehow this doesn't surprise me, the guy is all flash, no fortitude.

Anonymous said...

<3.

Anonymous said...

he only watches highlight's?!LMAO wtf do u expect him to do study recored every match?! thank you Ronnie for you're time at this club!!

Anonymous said...

Legendary words from legendary man.
One of the best ever.
He gave us some unforgettable moments and for me he is one of the best 5 that has ever played the game.

Més que un club!!!

Anonymous said...

@Ramzi .. Im not hinting at anyone in particular, Im just saying that alot of players who left their clubs would rage a war of words and facts and cause complete chaios in the press, Like I said he had his ups and downs and he also mentioned in the interview that some people prefer to focus on the negatives and some people the positive and he focusses on the latter. All Im saying is that I respect him for being a professional and not speaking bad about the club.

Erikoisasiantuntija said...

As i´m reading these comments with Ronaldinho shirt on (05-06), I can`t help myself to wonder that we did everything right with this player! we bought his at right time with a right price. We "used" him right. He became the best in the business, one of alltime best. A fan favourite + a huge economic boost to the club. He won us trophys. And when his value started to decline both on and off the field, Barca gave his a second (and a third, and fourth....) chance.
And finally past summer we did the final right thing when selling him to Milan.
He`ll remain as a true legend to Barca. But It`s best that he is gone. He`s not the same anymore. To us I mean. To Milan, They finally got ronaldinho they always wanted....

Unknown said...

man..how I love this bucktooth wizard!!!
still a little mad he left Barca man...
i know he must have felt terrible these last two years...but he is still very gracious.
Those three playing upfront for Barca (Ronnie, Samu, and Leo); we just couldnt loose.
wish him the best

Anonymous said...

Thank you R10, it was you who truly made me realize the beauty of the game and for that I will never forget you. Great luck to you in Milan and you will always be near and dear to my heart.

Anonymous said...

JJ u r right, Dino will always be the best I still remember when he score 2 goals against RM I was like wow and know the header against inter, I hope he gets back in to his shape and can do many good things he did in barca, good luck Roni whis you the best.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search