Monday 16 June 2008

Alves reconfirms Barcelona transfer

Although the transfer hasn't yet been announced by the clubs, Sevilla right back defender and Brazilian international Daniel Alves (25) reconfirmed in an interview with Catalan sports paper Sport that he will play for Barcelona next season:


"Yes, thanks to god the best decision has been taken. I think that all parties are happy and satisfied with the deal, but especially me.

I'm very enthusiastic and incredibly happy. I need to enjoy this moment. My dream of being part of a great team and a great club has come true and that's an important step in my professional career and in my life. It's difficult to explain that feeling with words. The transfer is a personal triumph for me.

I actually was never worried or anxious about the whole situation. Everything was clear to me. The reports I received made clear that the negotiations would have a happy end. It was just a matter of time and waiting until the final deal was closed. And thanks to god, the news came last Friday."

Alves says he is very motivated to play for Barcelona and will give everything to win trophies, although he didn't yet talk to his new manager: "I wasn't yet able to talk with Guardiola or with anyone from the club. But people from my entourage have talked with them and I know perfectly what is expected of me."

Read more:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess the reason he hasn't heard from Pep is because the deal hasn't been officially announced. Good decision by Barcelona to act in a professional manner and wait till it becomes official. I guess I'll just have to wait a little bit longer to preorder his jersey.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search