Sunday 30 March 2008

Transfer history: Iaquinta (Juventus)

Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta (28) has talked about the past interest of Barcelona to sign him while he was playing for Udinese (read more here). In the end the two clubs couldn't find an agreement. On football site Goal, the Italian international is quoted as saying:

"It was completely true that Barca were interested, but I have no regrets. In the end, even by staying in Udine I managed to get into the Champions League, I won the World Cup and then earned myself a place here at Juventus. Maybe on a personal level it would have been interesting to play abroad. If I ever talk about it again it will be a long time down the road as I am so happy at Juventus and I hope to stay here for a good deal longer."

Vincenzo Iaquinta played for Udinese from 2000 to 2007. In the summer of 2007 he signed for Juventus.

(read more transfer history stories here)

1 comment:

pep said...

note:
apparently Barcelona came two times after him cause the Udinese president talked earlier this year about an attempt in January 2006 when Udinese was already playing Champions League (while Iaquinta here says they were interested before they qualified for the the CL).

Custom Search
 
Custom Search