Friday 18 July 2008

Youth: Andreu Ramos to Udinese

Barcelona has officially announced the transfer of Juvenil A central defender Andreu Ramos (19) to Italian Serie A club Udinese, where he will join the first team squad. Last season, Ramos played on loan with Catalan club Damm.

In an interview with the club's official media, Ramos gave some further explanation: "At the end of the season, I played a tournament with Barcelona in Switzerland. I performed well there and an agent offered to represent me and it was this person who found me a club in the Italian top league.

It's of course a huge step, to go from the Juvenil league in Spain to the highest competition in the country of the world champions is just unbelievable. I thought that I first would have to pass through some fourth or third division team in Spain. I had actually planned to go and play in England or Greece later on, but I just couldn't refuse this offer from Udinese."

Read more:


Read all Youth transfer stories here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best wishes, GL

Custom Search
 
Custom Search