Thursday 17 July 2008

Barça B - Official: Solano

Barcelona has officially announced the transfer of Ecija central defender José Antonio Solano (23), who will play for Barcelona Atlètic (previously known as Barcelona B) next season.

Solano, who has played over the last two seasons for third division team Ecija and had a contract for one more year with that club, has signed a two-year contract with Barcelona. The Spanish centre back is the second signing of Barcelona Atlètic that was looking for an experienced central defender.


In a first reaction to the club's official website, Solano describes the player he is: "I'm a central defender or a defensive midfielder who has good heading abilities and a good pass. For me a defender needs to be agressive and make sure that the forward is never on his ease.

I know that I will have to change my way of playing this season. At my former club I was more used to direct play with long balls but I'm aware that everything will be very different here and that the Barcelona style is based upon the passing game. I've already talked briefly with coach Luis Enrique, who basically just congratulated me with the transfer."

Read more:
Barça B - Official: Rayo

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search