Wednesday 16 July 2008

Hleb has arrived in Barcelona

Alexander Hleb has arrived in Barcelona earlier today. In a first reaction to the club's official media Hleb says that the transfer is a dream come true: "I like this team. I love the club. I spoke to Guardiola and for me it's important that he really wanted me. I will give my best for this team and I want to win everything with Barcelona."

Hleb will start the medical tests at 4 pm this afternoon. He will tomorrow sign his contract and be officially presented as new Barcelona player.

Read the complete Alexander Hleb transfer story from the first rumours until the official confirmation




http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/castellano/galeries/futbol/temporada08-09/07/fitxatges_i_sortides/arribada_hleb/galeria.html

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hleb fits in well with us! Maybe he can control the midfield and get the ball to those who actually shoot! Cant wait to see how this new team works out together. GO BARCA!

Anonymous said...

i meant to say i hope he fits in well* haha

Anonymous said...

It strange that, when his transfer was announced, it was overshadowed by the board crisis.
Now when he arrive in Barcelona,it was overshadowed by Ronaldinho's departure.

Hopefully, he'll do good (not become flop).

cojonudo said...

As I've said before, the price in the investment is worth the risk. I consider it a relatively low to moderate risk with the prospects of a medium to high yield.

Bottom line: If Hleb turns out to be a complete bust he'll only set us back 15mil. If he turns out to be a key piece in leading us to Champions League glory, he'll be an absolute STEAL at 18mil! (15mil + variables included.)

Anonymous said...

Offical site said he only sign fot 3 years

Anonymous said...

I know that Hleb is a great player and he has highly accurate and deadly passes to the strikers.I think Arseanl played the best football last year (for the biggest part of the season) with their mainpowers being Fabregas and Hleb.Hleb is a great acquisition and I think he will play Deco's role.BUT, WHO WILL REPLACE RONALDINHO ?

Anonymous said...

THE BEST SIGNING COULD BE TORRES OR AGUERO.(But, both are difficult)
I believe the next signing is one of (with the first ones being more probable): 1. D.Silva 2. T.Neves
3. F.Ribery
But, Etoo was bad last year.A WORLD CLASS STRIKER IS A MUST.We can sign Ibrahimovic or Berbatov by offering Etoo as a swap.

cojonudo said...

"BUT, WHO WILL REPLACE RONALDINHO?"

---------------------

No player can single-handedly replace him. You can replace the position but not the player. Ronaldinho's a once in a lifetime player....when in form.

cojonudo said...

"But, Etoo was bad last year."

----------------------

Do you mean that literally or figuratively speaking? Because for someone who missed half the season due to injury he almost scored as many goals as games played; (16/18) I don't know about you but I'll take those numbers any day of the week! If your referring to his conduct off the pitch, then yes, I would have to agree with your statement.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search