Sunday 2 March 2008

Benzema prefers the Liga

Asked by British tabloid The Daily Mail about the rumours linking him with a summer move to Manchester United, Olympique Lyon forward Karim Benzema (20) repeated (read more here) that he prefers the Spanish and Italian leagues over the Premier League: "I'm sure I'd be able to play in England. But I believe my style is perhaps better suited for Spain or Italy. I don't want to play that direct game all the time."

Although he has a contract until 2012 and Lyon president Aulas has valued the player at 90 million euro, French international Benzema, who is aware of and feels honoured by the interest of clubs like Barcelona, thinks he'll be sold one day. The striker says leaving Lyon will be necessary to keep progressing in the future.

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search