Saturday 21 June 2008

Palacio wants to leave Boca Juniors

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Barcelona (read more here), Boca Juniors forward and Argentinian international Rodrigo Palacio (26) said in an interview with Latin American television network Fox Sports that now is the right time for a transfer abroad:


"I'm 26 years old and if I don't leave now, it could get more complicated later on and Boca then also won't be able to sell me in the best conditions."

Palacio, whose contract with Boca expires in 2010, denied that he only wants to move to a Spanish club (read more here): "They asked me once where I would like the play if I could choose and i said Spain because of the language and because I like the way of playing. But if I get the chance to play somewhere else and I like the offer, I wouldn't have problems to go to another league like the Italian one."

Read more:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pep plz tell us smth bout Silva!?

Anonymous said...

Why just we buy Diego or VDV, Iniesta isn't as good as at last season, look at his unsure playin' for spain, we must bring in a new playmaker like the players i mentioned above...

Anonymous said...

I think its smart to bring VDV or Diego in the team! We still need playmakers and Keita isnt that good enough

pep said...

About Silva: I'm afraid there's not much new stuff too tell.

That could mean two things: or he's not a priority anymore or all negotiations are stopped until the European championship is over for Spain.

If there's something new you'll hear it as soon as possible. For the latest: scroll down and click the 'silva' label at the left of the screen.

Anonymous said...

I assume if he joined the club he would be slotted as the left winger. But Guardiola's pretty much said that adding a winger isn't a top priority at the club at this time. They seem to be focusing their attention on a centre forward instead. While Palacio is considered a striker as well, I think he would be more idealy suited as a winger at Barcelona.

Anonymous said...

I already mentioned that pep prpbably wont be using wingers anymore.It will be more like him playing as left sided schemer behind the bid center forward.I could personally see him really thriving in this role.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search