Wednesday 18 June 2008

Luis Enrique presented as Barcelona B coach

Former Barcelona player Luis Enrique (38) has today been officially presented as the new coach of Barcelona B, that will be renamed Barcelona Atlètic next season. At a press conference Luis Enrique, who will be assisted by Joan Barberá, said that he feels ready for the job:

"I'm coming home. Here I retired as a player, here I will start as a coach. I'm very motivated. Since I'm starting, of course I don't have any experience but I spent a lot of time in dressing-rooms together with great players. I can guarantee hard work and total dedication. I choose for a culture of attacking football based upon possession of the ball. Depending on the circumstances we will play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.

I thank the president and the other people who have put their trust in me. I congratulate the players and my predecessor for the promotion, I'll try to do the same next year. I also had an offer from the Spanish football association but here I will be able to enjoy football every day as a coach."


Read more:
Luis Enrique to coach Barcelona B
Guardiola's staff
Mourinho's eleven





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to see him back at the club. maybe he can try and influence david villa to come?

Anonymous said...

Benvingut a casa Lucho!

Anonymous said...

Again i am not sure if its a naive question,but i still want to know what happen if barcelona B kept graping promotion year after year, will that mean they can reach the first division?it sounds to b wierd even theoriticaly to have two barcelonas in first divission...is it considered as non-professional team(barcelona B) so they can only reach a certain level in promotion and get stuck there?

Anonymous said...

A club's B-team isn't allowed to be promoted to the first division. Let say Barça drops down to Segunda division and if the B-team was there they would have had to step down a division.

Anonymous said...

"Benvingut a casa Lucho!"...couldn't have said it any better myself.

Anonymous said...

I think that would indeed be it, since tit's the logic thing: no two teams of the same club can play together, so the "lowest" one should drop.

I think that's why why Barcelona C disappeared last summer: because Barcelona B were relegated to their division and they then just decided to break up the team. I didn't yet here anything about bringing Barcelona C back.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search