Tuesday 17 June 2008

Guardiola presented


Josep Guardiola has today been officially presented as the new Barcelona manager. At a press conference Guardiola said that he feels ready for the job:

"First I want to thank the people who have put their trust in me, not only now but already last year. I understand that there can exist doubts about me and about the experience I have. I don't have experience because I'm 37 years old. And I know I'm also here because of my history as a Barcelona player. But I think the doubts will diminish in a couple of months cause I'm convinced of my capacities. When Txiki made me the offer, I felt that I was prepared. I feel strong and up for the job, otherwise I wouldn't sit here since I have too much respect for this club.

I'm not here to ask for time or to give me hundred days. I know how things are at the club. We have to be strong from the first day. I could promise trophies but I think that would be a mistake. I'm convinced that the people will be very proud of us. My goal is to bring the idea I have inside to the locker-room for the players to make it their own. I'm convinced everything will be all right. I'm not afraid or unsecure. I'm very motivated. It will be difficult but satisfying. It will be a hard journey but I will resist."



Read more:
Guardiola signs two-year deal
Giovani presented in Tottenham
Edmilson presented in Villareal



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Re)Welcome and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck as well Pep! I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt during his honeymoon period, but seeing some of the names you are targeting is realy making me anxious and uptight. I just hope you know what you're doing my friend. Best of luck again.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search