Tuesday 26 February 2008

Transfer history: Laudrup

In the Flemish football magazine Voetbalmagazine, current Getafe manager Michael Laudrup (43) explains his transfer from Barcelona to Real Madrid in the summer of 1994:

“A lot of people thought I did it out of ill-will but that was not the reason why I went to Madrid. I played five years for Barcelona and that’s a long time. In my last year I didn’t play every game, but I also had the feeling the magic had disappeared from the team. We lost the final of the Champions League and only won the Liga on the last day with some luck. Everything went more difficult, so I just wanted to leave. What happened afterwards with Barcelona proved me right.”

(read more Barcelona transfer history stories here)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Sunday game, Michael!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search