Saturday 26 April 2008

Mourinho wants to have fun with Barcelona

In an interview with Spanish newspaper ABC former Chelsea manager José Mourinho (45) was confronted with the fact that he never has hidden his wish to return to Barcelona as head coach. Asked if he thought that's an option at this moment in his career, Mourinho left everything open: "Barcelona is absolutely a fantastic club. I had a great time when I was there ànd during the six games in three years I played against them when I was at Chelsea. I don't know if I will coach Barcelona or play against them in the future. But I do know that I hope to enjoy myself again with Barcelona."

Mourinho says that he's ready to return (read more here) but that he did not yet sign a contract with Inter Milan or any other club: "I'm still free to decide on my future and I don't feel any pressure to do that soon. There's no reason to hurry, I can afford to wait some more time and pick the best option. I'm calm about it, we'll see where I will end up."

The Portuguese manager neverheless repeated his career plan to first coach in Spain or Italy before going back to the English Premier League (read more here): "I have worked for four years in Spain. Of course only as assistant and not as head coach. But it was a great time and I wouldn't mind to return."

Read more:
Principal agreement with Mourinho
Mourinho preparing to take over
Guardiola takes Mourinho's pole

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search