Wednesday 23 April 2008

Lahm will leave for Spain or England

Bayern Munich full back defender Philipp Lahm (24), whose contract renewal talks with the German club were cancelled yesterday (read more here), has said in an interview with German weekly news magazine Stern that he wants to leave Bayern and that this could well happen this summer: "I will not change my decision: my career plan indicates that I will leave Bayern at some point and not when I already have passed my peak." The German international motivates his decision to leave Germany by saying he wants to win the Champions League.

Lahm, whose contract expires in 2009 and who has been strongly linked with a move to Barcelona (read more here), says the next logical step is now to go abroad and hints that he could go to England or Spain: "In both countries I have the chance to play in a great club."


Read more:
No Bayern renewal for Lahm
Lahm battle coming
Wanted: Right back

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search