Monday 21 April 2008

Luis Enrique ready for assistant job

Asked about the rumours linking him with a job as assistant coach of Josep Guardiola (read more here) or José Mourinho (read more here), if one of those two would become the next Barcelona manager, former Barcelona player Luis Enrique said last week in an interview with Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia that those are at this moment nothing more than rumours.

Luis Enrique nevertheless made clear that he wants to start his career as manager next season, and if he could do that with Barcelona, the better: "I would like to return to Barcelona, not simply to pose but to really add something to the team. But until they don't offer me something, I don't want to think about it too much."

Although he lacks experience, the Spaniard doesn't think he is not ready for the job: "It wouldn't scare me at all to make my début in the Primera División. I think I'm capable for the job and I want to start as soon as possible. Of course I don't yet have experience as coach, but I know the dressing room inside out."

The former Barcelona right winger thinks he would make a good duo with his ex-team mate Josep Guardiola: "He's a friend with whom I have shared a lot of time and many tough games."

Luis Enrique also repeated (read more here) that he would like to work with José Mourinho, who he knows from his time in Barcelona: "Name me one coach in the world who wouldn't like to work with José Mourinho, even without knowing him. And I do know him and have a good understanding with him."


Read more:
Luis Enrique would like to return
Mourinho preparing to take over
Luis Enrique did not send his cv

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search