Monday 21 April 2008

Transfer history: Gudjohnsen

Barcelona attacker and Iceland international Eidur Gudjohnsen (29) has admitted in an interview with Catalan sports paper Sport that Manchester United tried to transfer him when he was playing with Chelsea:

"It's true that before I came to Barcelona, Manchester United was interested in signing me on a couple of occasions. It's a great honour that manager Ferguson wanted me because he's a living football legend, a special person who has done incredible things. Chelsea didn't really wanted to let me go to a direct rival in the first place and when they told me that Barcelona were interested in a transfer, they were always my first option."

Eidur Gudjohnsen played for Chelsea between 2000 and 2006. The player joined Barcelona in the summer of 2006 for a transfer fee of 12 million euro°.


Read more:
Transfer history: Alex Ferguson
Newcastle interested in Gudjohnsen
Transfer history: Trezeguet

1 comment:

pep said...

° 12 million euro =

20 million euro
10 million british pound

Custom Search
 
Custom Search