Thursday 29 January 2009

Toure repeats wish of staying a long time

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Arsenal and Manchester City during the winter transfer window (read more here), Barcelona defensive midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré (25) has repeated in an interview with British sports site Sky Sports that he plans to stay in Barcelona for many more years:

"I love Barcelona. It is the best club in the world. I have been linked with a move to the Premier League but, to be honest, this is the best club. I want to finish my career here and show everyone that this club means a lot to me. One day, if the club does not want me then I will think about going. But if they want to keep me I will stay for life."


Read more:
Toure would like to finish career at Barcelona
Bid from Manchester City for Toure
Toure wants a pay rise

7 comments:

Hung said...

Nothing is predictable.
When everything goes well, it's natural that everyone wants to continue and stay.
But he is appreciated in Barca as he is now :-)

Anonymous said...

Good on you son!!

ilias said...

Touré is really of great importance to Barça.
Letting him go would be like Real letting Makelele go.

Anonymous said...

lets keep toure? YAYA!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope :"The Master Of Elegance" stays on forever. One of my faves, and truly a dominant player in midfield in ways that we had lacked prior to his arrival. YaYa!!!!!!

Humankind said...

I agree with Winterhunt. He is one of my favorite players too. When I saw him the for the first time in a Blaugrana shirt, I knew this guy was going to be a beauty. I love to watch him play. The partnership between him and Busquets is a pleasure to watch. They have great chemistry.

Anonymous said...

he is african player of the year for me..
whats the chances of him winning that.. cuz he is the most consistent african player that always plays at a high level right now..

Custom Search
 
Custom Search