Wednesday 8 October 2008

Busquets wants to renew as soon as possible

Asked about a possible contract renewal (read more here), Barcelona defensive midfielder and Spanish youth international Sergio Busquets (20), whose contract expires at the end of this season, has said in an interview with Spanish news agency EFE that he wants to stay at the club:

"At this moment I don't know anything. My father and my agent are taking care of the negotiations while I'm concentrating on playing football. My wish is that everything will be resolved soon and that I can stay in Barcelona.

When I arrived here, I was more an attacking midfielder, the position Xavi is playing now. But as time passed by, I changed to the defensive midfielder position and I felt more at ease there because of my way of playing and the potential I have in that position.

Everything has been going really fast in the last months, I'm starting to adapt to the new circumstances, I'm very motivated to work hard. I'm not yet thinking about the Spanish national senior team. It will come if it has to, now I'm with the U-21.

Guardiola has been very important for me. If there's one person who knows me than it's him because we were together at Barcelona B last season. We had a great year, a great competition and we got the promotion. As a coach he's impressive. He studies the opponent in detail. I think he will triumph at Barcelona."

Read more:
Busquets renewal talks to start soon
An introduction to the coming stars
Busquets renewal is priority for Barcelona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope they can get this done quickly!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search