Thursday 26 February 2009

Abidal has no plans to leave Barcelona

Asked about his future, Barcelona left back defender and French international Eric Abidal (29) has said in an interview with Lyon regional newspaper Le Progrès that he at least wants to stay at the club until his contract expires:

"To play at Barcelona is a joy but I don't know what the future will bring when my contract ends in 2011. There was talk about me wanting to retire at 31, but my words were misinterpreted. I would like to play until I'm 36, like my idol Lilian Thuram, but it's your body who's in charge.

I don't know if I could return to Lyon. I love everybody over there, the club, the president, "Papa Puel" -although he 'killed' me many times at training- and in the first place the fans. But there's only one person who could make me come back: my wife. Well, since I'm the one who's playing, the decisions are taken by the two of us. But we feel so good here in Barcelona..."

Read more:
Abidal doesn't want to be part of Benzema deal
Barcelona will sign left back next summer
Milan interested in Abidal

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

pack ur bags... Evra can do the job better than u!

Anonymous said...

abidal is not as bad as many of you say...

he is a quite good left back and a good match to alves on the other site who´s much more offensive....

Anonymous said...

he is the core player at Barca.
we don't need to sell him.

Anonymous said...

hes a good player =)

Anonymous said...

A reply to "bojan!"

Abidal is much better than Evra in the defense, and like krankl said, he's a good match with Alves. Also, man.u wont sell Evra.

Anonymous said...

I think Pep should start with two attacking full backs in one match so all the fans out there that want Lahm/Evra or someone else to the left will see how unbalanced the team would be.

As someone else said he is a coreplayer and he was very missed against Lyon.

Anonymous said...

Abidal is one of the most consistent players in Barcelona this season, along with Iniesta. I don't recall him having a bad game this season. Sure he doesn't go forward much, but that's exactly what we need since Alves goes forward alot. Some people just don't get it. 6 weeks is a long time, he will be missed.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search