Sunday 18 January 2009

Bojan: "A striker needs to score"

Barcelona player Bojan Krkic gave an interview to Catalan sports paper Sport.





What does scoring mean to you?
A goal is a reward for the work you are doing during a game. It's a gift that gives you an big satisfaction. It's something beautiful.

What do you feel when you score?
Those feelings are inexplicable. It's a moment of joy, an enormous satisfaction. You can't think about anything else. I don't know, the truth is that it's very difficult to describe it with words. You have incredible sensations.

You get depressed when you don't score for a while?
It's true that, besides playing well, a striker also needs to score. Even when I was little and the pressure was less, when I played well but didn't score I returned home unhappy because the ball didn't go in. But now it's different. You know that if you play well, if you're doing your job, that goal will come sooner or later. But as a forward you live from goals and the day that you don't score, there's something missing.

Which important goals do you remember?
A lot, especially those with the youth teams. I scored a lot of goals and I remember a lot of them. More recently, there was the goal in Egypt when I made my debut with the first team, my first goal in the Champions League in Gelsenkirchen against Schalke 04... The first one int he Camp Nou, against Recreativo. A lot.

What would be your dream goal?
I don't know, I hope to score some decisive goal... I would like to experience how it feels to score in a final.

You think about how you will celebrate your goals?
I've always celebrated goals in a very simple way. This year I touch my heart and I hit the logo of the club. I do it as a sign of gratefulness towards Barcelona, because of everything I feel for the club.



Read more:
Barcelona rejects loaning Bojan to RS Belgrade
Bojan: "I'm not planning to give up studying"
Ajax wants to buy Bojan in january

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search