Tuesday 20 January 2009

Alves: "I have more energy every day"

Barcelona player Daniel Alves talked yesterday at a press conference.





The performances of the team are surprising you?
We don't worry about the critics we received at the start or about the prasie we get now. I'm very surprised by the modesty of the group, we know we're going through a good moment but we cannot relax because we would pay for that.

The first round has come to an end, what is your personal evaluation?
I like to evaluate at the end of a competition. We've done half of the work, but we still have the other half left.

You're again the Alves of Sevilla?
One always wants to get better. Having team-mates like I have now makes my life easier every day because one cannot get better all by oneself. I feel better every day. I work hard and I believe that you can achieve everything by working. In the past I've been able to enjoy football a lot, but now I enjoy it even more. I'm passionate about this sport, I like how beautiful it can be, and I see those players, whom I followed and admired before, I have them by my side now, they are my team-mates, and see them play from nearby is a delight. This makes me feel happy and that's why things are going well. I feel like having more energy every day and I enjoy my work more.

There's a lot of talk about the refereeing of Pérez Burrull in the Madrid-Osasuna game. What did you think about the possible penalties and the expulsion of Juanfran? You saw the images?
I would like if I would say I didn't saw it, but I don't care about other clubs. I will talk about the referees if they are doing good or bad in our games.

Espanyol is more dangerous now that everybody already assumes they'll be eliminated in the cup?
It will be a difficult game, like those games always are, no matter how big the difference is. A derby is different, we will have to be cautious because I'm sure they won't give us any presents.

Your connection with Messi gives the opponents headaches. Are you the best right wing in the world?
Playing with Leo is very easy because it's an intelligent player, he knows when he has to move, open up the pitch and allow us to play. It's a player who can make the difference. I don't know if it's the best right wing because of me, but because of him it certainly is. He's the best player in the world.

People seem to be convinced that you could win the treble. Do you think it's possible?
The three titles are still a long way of. You have to go through a lot of stages, take each game at a time. We're gonna fight for the three trophies but the others will do the same. And it's already difficult to win one trophy, so you can imagine how it is to win three. Thinking about that now would be a mistake. There's still so much left. We have to continue with modesty without relaxing. The modesty of this squad is surprising.



Read more:
Alves: "I only get tired when I play with my kids"

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search