Wednesday 19 November 2008

Xavi confirms that renewal deal is close

Asked about the renewal negotiations between him and the club, Barcelona attacking midfielder and Spanish international Xavi (28) has confirmed in an interview with Catalan radio station Ona FM that an agreement could be reached soon:

"There has been made a lot of good progress and I could sign a contract extension soon. I'm very happy with the opportunity of ending my professional career at Barcelona. It seems that shortly I will be able to say that I will continue here for many years."


The radio station nevertheless claims that the difference between the salary that is offered by Barcelona and the one that is asked by Xavi is still big. The current contract of Xavi expires in 2010.

Read more:

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search