Monday 17 November 2008

Barcelona amongst preferred clubs of Timoshchuk

Asked whether he would leave his club in January, Zenit Saint Petersburg defensive midfielder and Ukrainian international Anatoli Timoshchuk (29) has suggested to journalists that he could join another team during the winter transfer window, with Barcelona being one of his preferred destinations:

"If Zenit wants to keep a player in the squad, they need to hold talks with him. The player should be happy in his club, so if that's not the case, they should lt him go and give his a chance to progress as he wants.


I don't hint at any concrete person, because it applies to every player. If he decided to quit, the price for him should be equivalent to his level. But if he stays being unsatisfied with his career, he won't be helpful to his team.

As for me, I have decided my future a long time ago, but I won't tell about it for now. When definite steps are taken by me, by other clubs or by our club, when the transfer window opens, then I will discuss it. Today I am a Zenit player, I don't feel any discomfort and I play with great pleasure. I don't think about the opening of the transfer window now, because I am concentrated on the next matches. We must win all of them, if we want to achieve positive results.

Zenit didn't offer me a new contract yet. In the summer I talked with the Zenit managers, but we had little time for negotiations. We had two or three days before the closure of transfer window, and they didn’t want to hold talks in such short period of time.

I have a favourite team in all of the big European leagues. And speaking hypothetically, you would want to go to a club which you like. In Germany it's Bayern Munich, in Italy Juventus, in Spain Barcelona, and in England Manchester United. So in my dreams I would like to find myself in that club which I like most of all."

Read more:
Arshavin agent invites Barcelona to move
Arsenal preparing new bid for Toure
Pavlyuchenko again an option as centre forward

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we should have got him instead of Keita tis summer.

Anonymous said...

"Russian international Anatoli Timoshchuk"? Is it a joke? He is from Ukraine, not Russia ))

pep said...

What would this blog be without its attentive and well-informed readers... Thanks, Anony, changed that.


I was alrady wondering why he didn't play with Russia at the Euro this summer... ;)

Anonymous said...

This blog is great!!! It is the only one I read.

Thanks for writing man!

Anonymous said...

Bring the USSR back, then we don't have those problems... :)))

Ramzi said...

just hope we will not have "other" problems then refter :)))
ok guys seize ur guns and ur politics :P

Custom Search
 
Custom Search