Tuesday 11 November 2008

Bojan (2): "The fans' support makes things easier"

Barcelona player Bojan gave an interview to Catalan sports paper Sport.


(read the first part of the intervew here)


Which differences are there between Frank Rijkaard and Pep Guardiola?
Every coach has his own world of ideas. Both of them are great coaches. I worked one year under the first, now I'm with Guardiola for some months. What I can say is that the two understand the game very well.

Which trophy you would like to win the most?
I've never won one with the first team. So I would be glad to win whatever trophy. I would like to lift one. You always work with the objective of winning something in the end. For me and for all my teammates it would mean a huge satisfaction.

Last year you scored twelve goals: ten in the Liga, one in the Champions League and one in the Cup. This year you have already three. You aim at a certain number of goals this season?
No. I've been lucky to score quite some goals each year. I'm not saying things like "last year I scored twelve goals, now I have to score thirteen". No, no. I just try to play well without getting obsessed with scoring. If the goals come, the better.

What would you prefer to win: the Golden Ball or the Golden Boot?
The two are trophies for performances during the whole season. I don't play to win those kind of trophies. I just work to get better as a player, and as a person. And if I would win one of these trophies in the future, the better.

Who would you give the Golden Ball to this year?
To Messi. Not because he's my teammate, but because it's a unique player. He does things that no other football player in the world could do.

How do you explain your relation with the fans, that has been excellent since the first time you played in the Camp Nou?
I don't know, it's dificult to explain. I'm grateful to the Barcelona fans because they are making things a lot easier for me. Playing in the Camp Nou when you're only 17 years old is always impressive. So if you then have the support of the fans, that's of course better.

What do you feel if 90 000 people are applauding you?
I don't have words to explain it. You get a feeling of great gratitude towards all the fans.

When did you became aware that you were a good player?
Well, like I said before, I never played with the idea of getting into the first team, I just wanted to get better every day, to enjoy playing football and then I would see where I could get.

What are your first memories of Barcelona?
I remember that I came here to do some tests. The phone call. They didn't have a "Benjamín" team yet and since they wanted to start it the next summer, they were testing players. Only twenty boys would be selected and they told me I was one of them. I remember the trips during my first years from Mollerusa to Barcelona for the training sessions.

That's a long time ago.
Very long.



This was the second and last part of this interview.

Read the first part here:
Bojan (1): "I want to get better every day"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He really has an extremely professional attitude for a boy his age. I can see him captaining Barça one day.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search