Friday 25 July 2008

Thuram will know more about future soon

French sports paper L'Equipe reports that French club Paris Saint-Germain is still waiting for the final results of the medical tests former Barcelona central defender Lilian Thuram (36) underwent before making a decision.

Doctors last month detected a heart malformation during the medical tests of the player prior to his signing for PSG (read more here).

If the results are confirmed, this would mean the end of the football career of Thuram. In the coming days the situation should be cleared out.

In an interview with the paper after the first tests, Thuram said he hoped to be able to play again: "The doctors have told me that my heart is somewhat big. I knew about it, cause my mother has the same problem and my brother died of it. When I was a young player at Monaco they already said somethign about it, but it was nothing worrying. Apparently things have changed since then and now there's a risk.

I want to thank PSG and president Villeneuve for their support. I can understand that PSG is in the meantime looking for someone else. We'll know more when the final results are there. I hope to return to the game and PSG is then an attractive option. I would like to help the club and take them back to the top of the table.

In any case, I will have to stop playing one day. If I will have to stop that would mean I have the luck that they have discovered it now. If there's something seriously wrong, I could say that they've discovered it at the right moment."

Catalan sports paper Sport claims that it doesn't look good and that the player probably will have to retire. Thuram could be offered a job as sporting advisor of Paris Saint-Germain.

Read more:
Heart problem could cause end of Thuram's career
The expiring contracts
Deal between Thuram and PSG close

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search