Sunday 20 July 2008

Neves calm about transfer rumours

Asked about the rumours linking him to a move to Barcelona (read more here), Fluminense left winger and Brazilian international Thiago Neves (23) said to journalists in Brazil that he plans to return to Fluminense after the Olympic Games:

"I don't have received concrete offers, there are just some contacts with interested clubs. I'm happy with the recognition of my play, but I have representatives who are dealing with these kinds of things. If they think that something is good for me and for the club, that's fine by me. But at this moment I don't know anything, I just saw some things on the internet but I didn't hear anything myself.

I'm very happy at Fluminense and at this point I don't see any reason to leave. I want to keep on playing here until my contract ewpires in 2010. In principle, I'll come back after the Olympics and I'll only leave Fluminense this summer if they would throw me out."

Read more:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I really don't see any reason why Neves isn't short-listed as a possible signing for left wing position. He would come at much cheaper price than Silva or Arshavin (Robinho especially) but I don't see any of those better than Thiago. Besides, he is tallest, best dribbler and scores more goals than both Silva and Arshavin. Needles to say, he would accept eventual bench role much better than any of them.
Barca's board, attention - it won't took long until Sir Alex Ferguson or Spalletti captures him.
For 15M € he's even worth gambling. Excellent signing, what are we waiting for?

Barca nerd-fan said...

The thing is He's not better than Silva and Arshavin. And you have to know Neves is playing in Brazilian league. It might be Different.

Anonymous said...

barca nerd-fan, that's excatly why eye said "gambling". It might be different but it might turn out to be great!

Unknown said...

TNX anonymous.
As I said, bringing Neves IS a risk of its own and it is true that he lacks European experience, but that could also apply for Arshavin. With difference that he is 12 cm shorter and somewhere around 5-10M € more expensive. Don't forget that he's also 5 years older. As with Silva, neither he provides a goal-scoring threat and costs almost twice as Neves. Of course, also midget-sized at 170 cm.
In my opinion, signing a player capable of scoring from left wing is a CRITICAL PRIORITY especially since we brought Hleb who is, praise to his technique, but also not so often on a score-list.
At the moment, bringing Thiago Neves for around 14M € and swapping Eto'o (I am also not glad that Eto'o is leaving but i somehow accepted it as a inevitable by now) for Berbatov or Drogba seems like a good solution, at least for a short-term.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you guys against the barca-nerd fan. I will ask you a question mr. barca-nerd fan: How are silva or Arshavin better than iniesta who played at the left wing position? The problem of iniesta at the left wing was that he is small in size and does not have scoring capabilities.I think,in the worst case, he will be a very good substitute to Iniesta, although I think he can prove to be the best signing for the summer.(espacially,given his low price)I've seen him playing,not only his goals on tube,and I believe that he is a quality player.

Anonymous said...

buy him. he's cheap and he has potential. he may not be an nstant success but i don't think barca are going to be an instant success under guardiola, he needs time to sort the team out, just hope the fans give him that

Custom Search
 
Custom Search