Wednesday 1 April 2009

Valdes calm about renewal talks

Asked about the recent statements of his agent Ginés Carvajal on his contract renewal (read more here), Barcelona goalkeeper Víctor Valdés (27) has said in an interview with Catalan sports paper Sport that he wants to renew at the time the club thinks convenient:

"I wish to be at this club for as many years as I can. Barça is the club that has raised me, I'm here since I was twelve years old and I want to stay here as long as possible.

At this moment I sincerely don't care about possible offers from other clubs. Barça is the best option for me. My priority is Barça and I only have Barça in my head.

It's false that I ask to earn as much as Casillas. I nor Ginés have never said something like that. I don't know how much Iker earns and I’m not interested in it. What we say is that every player should earn what he deserves based upon his performances. I'm not comparing myself with anyone nor am I a person who only looks at the money. The economic part isn't the most important thing for me, on the contrary.

I accept that the club has postponed all negotiations until the end of the season. I’m not worried about this issue and it doesn’t affect my performances. I could have made mistakes but that happens to every player during a season and I always took my responsibility when it happened.

There is no and there will not be a 'Valdés case'. I don’t want to start any dispute, I just want to focus on the team and on winning trophies together with my teammates. Later, when Barça wants to renew my contract, they know where to find me and I will be totally willing to reach an agreement."


Read more:
Barcelona wants to renew Valdes
AC Milan interested in Valdes
Agent Valdes putting pressure on renewal talks

8 comments:

kamikaze kontiki said...

well, he sounds about as contrite as a person could possibly be.

i think, everyone pointing out that his agent is a madridista scared him. anyone betting he will change either his club or his agent by the end of the season ?

barca4life said...

Sounds like pep or somebody else pulled him in and had a few choice words for him.

barca4life said...

Just as a side anybody remember what happened to that butterfingers man utd gk roy carroll when SAF offered him a contract and he wanted a higher salary? He is playing with derby in the championship now.

tero said...

Poor Derby

DC86 said...

I am calm too if he is leaving...

Anonymous said...

just sell him to the highest bidder and after buy asenjo for 6mil

kamikaze kontiki said...

from the official website:

Pinto, who has kept goal in all the Cup matches, revealed: “Valdés is a great team player and a fantastic team-mate. Obviously, there’s healthy competition between Valdés, Jorquera and me”.

..... sic

Anonymous said...

please valdes go i don wanna see U in barca shirt any more because U re a disgrease

Custom Search
 
Custom Search