Wednesday 3 December 2008

Xavi confirms renewal until 2014

Asked about his renewal negotiations with the club, Barcelona attacking midfielder and Spanish international Xavi (28), whose current contract expires in the summer of 2010, has confirmed in an interview with Catalan radio station Catalunya Ràdio that a deal has been closed (read more here):

"Everything has been agreed upon. The amounts, the duration... We only need to sign it now. The new contract will expire in 2014, when I will be 34 years old. It's the contract of my life since it will allow me to retire at Barça.

I want to thank president Laporta for how he dealt with the situation and made us reach an agreement in the best possible way. Laporta called me on Friday, through my agent, and we finalized the deal. The renewal will be signed when Txiki Begiristain returns from Japan."


Read more:

2 comments:

Harshawardhan said...

nice.. really nice.. i can just say xavi deserves this and much more...

Anonymous said...

Yay! We must celebrate this, guys.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search