Saturday 1 November 2008

Bojan (1): "I'm waiting for my moment"

Barcelona player Bojan gave an interview to Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo.





The last time you gave a press conference, you said you weren't worried about not scoring goals because you were sure they would come. Soon after, you scored two against Basel and one against Benidorm...
I was relaxed because I was satisfied with my performances, both at training and during the minutes I got to play. The goals were just a matter of time and it turned out that way.

You seem to be patient. You don't score but you don't lose confidence. You don't play and you don't complain...
We're a team, there are a lot of players. You need to have patience and grab your chance when you get it. That doesn't mean I'm accepting every situation, the opposite is true. If it was up to me, I played every game. I enjoy playing football. But I'm aware that I have great players ahead of me and I'm waiting for my moment to come.

You have a lot of self-esteem?
I believe in myself and in my talents and things are going well that way.

You have an objective, a goal, a dream?
Yes. To play every game and to retire at Barcelona. To be here forever and to win a lot of trophies.

The team is doing well and you're taking advantage of that. It wasn't like that last year. How do you explain that radical change while almost the same players are playing?
Last year is last year and I prefer not to talk about that. I'm doing very well at the moment and the team is winning.

How did you change yourself?
The fact that I'm now part of the first team squad for one year and a half has made me learn a lot, both as a person and as a player.

You like to play on the wing?
I feel good at all three positions up front, and even playing behind a centre forward. I'm not feeling uncomfortable on the wing.



This was the first part of this interview. You can read the following parts in the coming days with Bojan talking about his closest team-mates and about his life outside football.

1 comment:

Iurisimo said...

bravo Bojan, happy to see this :

You have an objective, a goal, a dream?
Yes. To play every game and to retire at Barcelona. To be here forever and to win a lot of trophies.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search