Sunday 7 September 2008

Koeman prefers golfing over coaching Barcelona

Asked about the chance he would be coaching Barcelona one day, former Barcelona player and assistant coach Ronald Koeman (45) said in an interview with Dutch television network EO that it would depend upon the conditions:


"If you ask me to choose between playing golf for a year or coaching Barcelona for a year, I'd choose to play golf. But would they offer me a two-year contract, I would leave for Spain. But my family would stay in Holland this time."

pep's opinion:
if koeman would have rejected the offer of valencia at the end of last year and would have stayed with psv eindhoven (probably winning another dutch league title), he would now be the manager of barcelona

Read more:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he plays golf for the rest of his life.

I never want to see him anywhere near Camp Nou. At least not as a manager.

Àlex said...

Let him rot to hell on the Golf pitch.

He's a flop.

Ramzi said...

keep hitting ur balls in a golf field as far as possible.
pep u r absolutely right, he was on Barcelona Radar, and Barcelona fans need to be so grateful for Valencia for saving them from THAT big mess. I think the way he behaved with Valencia big names he was actually trying to send a message to Barcelona of how strong his personality is and that he can handle coaching a big team without being panic by the name exist! but the results turned the table on his head.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search