Sunday 3 August 2008

Barça B: Pedro thinks promotion is difficult

Asked about his chances to join the first team permanently, Barcelona Atlètic wing attacker Pedro (21), who is doing the pre-season with the first team and started in the three friendly games the team has played so far (read more here), has said in an interview with the club's official media that he doesn't know if he will be promoted this summer:

"It's very difficult to be part of the first team since there are a lot of good players, especially in attack. I will continue to work hard and if I'm lucky to stay, of course that would be great. I don't know if I will play in the Champions League qualifying round. The coach will have to decide that. If he gives me the chance, I will try to play as good as I can. I'm delighted with how things are going, I feel very good and I hope I will be able to continue to help the team."

Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo claimed at the beginning of this week that Pedro has convinced the technical staff. Although he will continue to be part of the second team's squad, the coaches see him as a good alternative in case they need another winger.

Read more:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think he deserves it. And we have certainly one place for a winger like him or Jeffren.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search